Fitness Quest Week 12:

Plum Island 3/27/11
My motivation to exercise is staying strong and in many ways gaining even more steam but the food restrictions are starting to crumble.  I can't keep calling these posts diet updates when I'm clearly not dieting.  'Fifty by Fifty' looked like it was done deal a month ago but now I don't know what to expect.  I'm going to focus on the alternate 'Fit by Fifty' for now and not worry about the weight for a while.

I admit my diet hasn't been as rigid as it was at the peak of my weight loss but it in no way resembles what it did prior to this quest.  With the additional exercise added on top of the better dietary habits I've got to believe that some additional weight loss is in my future.   I have until October.

 One dietary habit that's stuck is the focus on beans.  Most days I eat beans with all three meals.  My favorite bean dish has to be the re-fried beans I make for breakfast.  I've talked about them a lot so as I was cooking up a batch this weekend I snapped a photo because I thought if people could just see them everyone would want them for breakfast. 

Sauteed onion and Poblano peppers till soft.  Add beans and mash up a bit with a potato masher or heavy spoon.  Salt. Pepper.  At the end I added some additional hot Thai chiles for color, crunch and heat.  Serve with an egg and coffee and you are powered up all morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shark Crackers

Running roughshod or ripshod

Axis, Axes, Axii?