Ning Chi Spicy Pot Sauce




I've had this jar in the cupboard for a while and never knew what to do with it.  I originally picked it up at the local Chinese market when I was feeling adventurous.   But after tonight It's going to be a go-to ingredient.

I worked a little late tonight and when I got home I didn't feel like spending a lot of time cooking.  So,  I chopped up an onion, a half a head of cabbage and threw it into a fry pan.   After it wilted a little I added in some left over roast pork and a little water and a few heaping spoonfuls of this magic elixir.  It's thick, red spicy-deliciousness.  


Once I tasted it, I knew I'd had it before in spicy dumpling soup at a Szechuan restaurant in town but I never knew what the stuff was.  It has great depth of flavor.  I can't wait to try it in more recipes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shark Crackers

Running roughshod or ripshod

Axis, Axes, Axii?