I Feel Like Blogging Again

Why now?  It's been nine years if you don't count the one post I made in 2017.  That's a long time.  Honestly I don't really know why I'm back.  Like a lot of people I'm just sick of the corporate web. I also miss writing. 

I don't have big plans for the blog.  I don't even plan on pointing out to the few friends that used to follow me that I'm back.  Though, I'll get a good chuckle if someone actually notices.  Beers on me if it happens.

Why start blogging if you don't have a goal?  I guess it goes back to what I said earlier.  I miss writing.
What will I write about then?  Good question.

A lot has happened since I last blogged. 

I worked at Spotify for six years.  That was a f-ing blast.  Super proud of the things we built there.  But I got laid off back in their first round of layoffs in Jan 2023. 

Started a new job working on robotic fulfillment systems for Walmart. It's fun to be working in a totally new domain.  

We got a new dog in 2022.  A super sweet, English cream Golden. 

I got serious about lifting and became an aficionado of the sport of Strongman.  

And I started collecting knives.  Pocket knives mostly but camping knives as well.

And there's still all the old favorites as well. Books, Beers, Science etc.

If I stick with this, there's a good chance I touch on all those topics. 

One final note.  I bought the domain developingstorm.org,  so I may do something with that as well.

We will see where this all goes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shark Crackers

Running roughshod or ripshod

Axis, Axes, Axii?