Just Listened To #1


Surfer Blood
Astro Coast

Hooky, Indie pop with a definite classic surf rock sound.  The songs are perhaps too derivative though since I keep hearing other songs in my head when the hook first appears. 


Caspian
Tertia 
Caspian is a band out of Beverly MA that plays all instrumental rock.  While seeking more long jams I discovered this genre.  It's a bit too down-beat and repetitive for my tastes but makes for good background programming music.
Godspeed You Black Emperor!
Yanqui U.X.O.
Another all instrumental album.  This music should have been the soundtrack to my years at IBM.  After listening to it for 15 minutes I want to vote Democrat.  All dirge all the time.   Not for casual consumption but interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shark Crackers

Running roughshod or ripshod

Axis, Axes, Axii?