Diet week 4. Back in the saddle

I lost 2 pounds this week.  Nice!  After last weeks disappointment I told myself I just needed to be patient and that if I simply kept eating right and exercising the weight would come off.  I had the whole 'it's marathon not sprint' talk with myself and basically relaxed.  It's working so far because I've not been inclined to cheat this week and though I've not been doing cardio as much as I should, I've at least done more.

Cheat day is still all about beer for me.  During the week I've had red wine and some hard stuff but neither are scratching my beer craving in the least.  I'm dreaming of having a nice beer tasting tomorrow.  Maybe starting off with a Smuttynose Barelywine or a rich Baltic Porter and working my way through an Allagash Tripel and maybe finishing up with a Lagunitas Hop Stoopid Double IPA.   The specifics don't really matter but I'm going to live the dream.

(photo found on Panoramio,com)
I'll finish up today with a similar picture to one I saw this week that kicked up my motivation.  It's a picture of Lake O'Hara in Yoho National park, British Columbia.  I hiked this area back in my 20s and have always dreamed of going back.   If I can drop all this weight perhaps I finally will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shark Crackers

Running roughshod or ripshod

Axis, Axes, Axii?