Diet week 8: Holy shit

The title tells it all.  I'm down 5 pounds this week to 283 for a diet total of 27 pounds and over the half way mark.

This week I ate a lot of Pinto, Black and Navy beans.  The Navy beans were new to me.  I didn't have a chance to cook them after soaking overnight the first day so they sat for an additional 24 hours.  I don't know if that impacted their flavor but they had a nice nutty taste that was reminiscent of Walnuts.  I used them as rice substitute under some Andouille, Tomato, Jalapeno and Onion saute.   It was fantastic.

The thing that's been the most eye opening to me is how eating healthier makes me feel.  I'm seldom hungry between meals and my energy levels are significantly higher.  I know that sounds like a cliche from a diet book but I've found it to be true.

For my cheat day I have plans with my sister in-law Karen and her husband Kerry to hit Deep Ellum in Alston.  It's been on my list of beer bars to try for ages and it looks like it will finally happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shark Crackers

Running roughshod or ripshod

Axis, Axes, Axii?