Beer Adventure: Sunday March 6, 2011



There wasn't a big beer drinking adventure this week.  I stayed local and hit the Horseshoe Pub in Hudson for a few.  They had Ballast Point Black Marlin Porter on tap which was pretty good but not awesome  I love Ballast Point's IPAs but I thought the Porter was a little thin on the tongue.  Porter is not in my wheelhouse though so don't hold me to that critique.   It could be the best example of Porter there is and I'm simply not up to the task of identifying it.

Not pictured but also quaffed was a 21st Amendment Brewing Hop Crisis.  I was too busy enjoying it to grab the camera.  I love citrusey hop profiles and this was heavy on the citrus.  I can hear the nay-sayers complaining that it's not balanced enough, bla, bla, bla.  I don't care what other people think, I could drink that brew every day.  Damn, now I want one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shark Crackers

Running roughshod or ripshod

Axis, Axes, Axii?