Diet week 9: Lost Some Steam

I lost 1 pound this week and am now weighing 282.  Honestly, I'm pretty happy about that because things have changed.

For the past couple of months I've felt like a man on a mission.  Weight loss was easy, childs play; I was like McCoy operating on Spock's brain.  Something that was inconceivable months before was now simple as pie.

But then something happened.  I don't know what that something was but this week the edge was gone.  I'm now repeating the manta of 'Fit by Fifty' in my head and it's sounding empty.   It's not that I've lost the desire to loose weight it's just that that desire is no longer manifesting as thick sea walls against the pounding surf of wanton indulgence.  The walls haven't crumbled yet but I feel the sands shifting out from beneath them.

I'm approaching this change with an open mind and just a natural progression in the process.  It was inevitable.  No one can maintain single-minded-focus like I had forever.  If I just stick with the beans and increase the exercise I know the forward progress will continue.



Before I end this weeks update I have to tell you, already my lower back feels better than it has in 5 years.  I've been singing the praise of my Teeter inversion bed for ages as a major tool in my arsenal against back pain and now I want to add the Two Arm Kettlebell Swing exercise to the tune.  The Teeter realigned my back and stopped the sciatica but I still had discomfort while walking.  It wasn't major discomfort but enough to make me feel old.  I've tried a lot of things but nothing made it go away till I tried the Kettlebell swing.  It's such a simple exercise but it's had profound effect on how I feel.  It's fun too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shark Crackers

Running roughshod or ripshod

Axis, Axes, Axii?