Beer travel: July 4th weekend 2011





There's a great little beer bar in Brunswick Maine called The Lions Pride.   I don't get to stop in that often but whenever I'm in the area I try and visit.   On this stop I had the chance to try two brews from Denmark that where new to me: Mikkeller 1000 IBU  and Evil Twin's Before During and After Christmas Beer.  My palate isn't great so I'll save you from my trying to stumble through the exact hop profile but they were both tasty big hopped brews.  The staff was on their game during the visit too so I had a couple of nice beer discussions which always makes for a more enjoyable stop.

Mikkeller 1000 IBU
  
Evil Twin BDA
Later in the trip I also got to try my first can of Baxter Brewings Stowaway IPA.  I never gave the beer it's full due as I drank it from the can while fishing but even so it was very good.   I'll be back in Maine in a few weeks and can't wait to try it again.


Baxter's Stowaway IPA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shark Crackers

Running roughshod or ripshod

Axis, Axes, Axii?