Cardigan Loop Trail

I hiked the Cardigan Loop last weekend.  I did the Manning trail up Firescrew and then over Cardigan and down the Clarke to the Clark/Holt cutoff.  It was a great hike.  It was also the first time I've done that route.  For all the times I've climbed Cardigan I've never had a trail map before.  My first few times hiking it were with my old trail crew friends and they all knew the mountain.  Subsequently I've just hiked the paths I knew.   

I finally went looking for map though and I found this PDF version using Google.  It was hosted at the NH division of Forests and Lands but with no apparent linking page so who knows when some file clean up might delete it.  I've taken a snapshot for safe keeping. 

If you're looking for a not-too-difficult day hike this is a great one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shark Crackers

Running roughshod or ripshod

Axis, Axes, Axii?