Chili with Peanuts

I made a big batch of Chili for the AFC title game.  It was made with a lot of beef, a mix of roasted and dried chilies and a whole head of roast garlic.  It was pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.  As fate would have it however, not a lot of it got eaten so I had leftovers.  Since then I've had it over rice, in tortillas, I added some beans, I've had it a bunch of different ways.  All good, but today I tried something different.  I added a handful of dry roasted peanuts to my bowl along with a heavy does of Habanero  hot sauce.  That simple combination really transformed the chili into something different.  The added spice and the new textural element transformed it into something more reminiscent of an Asian dish. Adding some stir-fried veggies would have made the transformation complete.  I've got to keep this in mind.  It was really tasty and different way to use up leftover chili..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shark Crackers

Running roughshod or ripshod

Axis, Axes, Axii?